Victoria Counsellor & Therapist
With over 25 years of experience as a psychotherapist, counsellor and educator, I offer short-term or long-term psychotherapy depending upon your needs. I work with individuals 30 years and older in Victoria, BC.
My practice is temporarily closed. I hope to re-open by Dec. 1, 2020
Please consider the following counsellors:
*Dorion Dellabough 250-857-8217 (trauma informed; Somatic Transformation; Jungian)
*Jacqueline Gautier 250-619-0374 (trauma informed; Somatic Experiencing)
*Shelley Dewar 250-858-7670 (for adolescents and young adults; trauma informed)
Major Areas of Practice
- Trauma/PTSD (car accidents, injuries and falls, medical procedures and anesthetic, sexual assault, early childhood abuse)
- Depression and anxiety
- Grief and loss (family, friends, pets)
- Personal Growth and Life Transition
- Depth work – Jungian Analysis
My clinical work is founded in three major approaches:
- Somatic Transformation/ Body-Centered
- Mindfulness based therapies
- Jungian Psychotherapy
Additional Areas of Practice
- Physical, emotional or sexual abuse
- Sex and intimacy
- End of life or terminal illness
- Spirituality, reconnection to meaning in life
It is important to acknowledge that some problems defy labels. While some people undertake therapy for long-term development, personal growth and change, others are looking for short-term support and guidance or skills and strategies to manage daily life.
Whatever your reason for seeking a therapist, the rhythm and depth of your therapy will be guided by your needs and be unique to you. Together we will explore, in a non-judgmental way, the events and relationships of your daily life.
In the spirit of reconciliation,
I gratefully acknowledge
the Indigenous People upon whose
traditional lands we live and work.